I do not solder, so look for ways to incorporate that look using other mediums. I do want to learn to solder, but until I do, I will try this trick again.
Inside, I put a square from a vintage French dictionary, then sealed it well with a few coats of Mod Podge. On top I glued a mother of pearl button with E6000 glue. I let the glue dry overnight as it says.
Then I filled the inside compartment with Diamond Glaze sealing in the button. I took my time to make sure there were no spots that an air bubble could be created. Sealing around the button tightly, then filling the button holes completely. As you know, with Diamond glaze you will get air bubbles anywhere that air can be trapped. I watched it for several hours checking for air bubbles so I could pop them if needed. I only had one tiny bubble, that I popped!
When it had set up overnight I then drilled two holes at the corners for the jump rings. Since it is a plastic game piece it is pretty light, so used some heavier beads at the bottom to give it some heft.
I love how it came out in the end. My next one, I will be sure to overfill the center as if you look closely you will see a bit of a wave effect as the Diamond Glaze settled.