You are currently browsing the monthly archive for February 2013.
It all started at the new Love of Jesus Thriftique in the west end. I found salt shaker and set out to look for his mate. I searched high and low, but no twin. He was only a dollar so I thought, he’s kind of cool, I will get him anyway.
I got home and did some internet research and found out the companion piece I was looking for was a lady! I also found out his name is Mr. Pickwick.
Back this week to the Thriftique! I walk in the front door and immediately inside is the jewelry case. I stop to check out the case and right on top, like she is sitting there waiting for me to return, is the lady pepper shaker.
I notice on her back is not the name Pickwick as the internet research I did was calling her. I then Googled Artone England (the marking on it) and salt and pepper shakers and find out they are part of a set of 6 shakers. They are based on Charles Dickens characters. The lady is Little Nell.
I guess I might make one more trip back to see if I can find any of the other 4!
He does look better as a pair, doesn’t he?
Happy Valentine’s Day, y’all!
I hosted a swap on the Altered Dominos and Other Game Pieces Group. I only had two takers for the swap, so I made a couple of charms. I will receive two in return and will share them when they arrive.
Here is mine!
I used an alphabet game tile that I painted black on the edges. There is a perfect little recessed area on both sides so I painted the inside of that area on both sides to make it POP a bit. On the letter side I used a straight pin to scrape off the messies I made painting it. I never stay in the lines! Once it was painted and then dried I used polycrylic to coat the paint.
On the blank side of the game piece, I cut a square of Greek bible text to fit inside. I found this image. I cut out the heart part of it. The Bible page was antiqued with some dark stain. Over the top, after sealing it with mod podge to prevent the air bubbles, I used Mod Podge Dimensional Glaze to seal it.
I then drilled it for the jump ring and than threaded some seed beads onto the jump ring before I sealed it. I made the initial of each recipient and one for me, too!
The criteria for the swap was to use a game piece and have a heart on it. Nothing too Valentiney. I made a tag to go with them.
I wish I would have made myself a tag, too!