Completed Crafts ‘N Things Purse

Here it is in all it’s prettiness!  I am so thrilled with the finished product!  I purchased some 6″ Michael Miller squares from Ebay a while ago and even though they didn’t quite meet the 5.5″ X 6.5″ that the project called for I used them anyway.  I made adjustments in all the subsequent measurements to accomodate for the bit of a size difference.  Truth is, I used the sewed together squares as a template to cut all the other pieces.

I made some other changes, too.  I used less than the yard per cord handle.  I used about 24″ per handle.  I thought that the 36″ made them too long.  I also added an interior pocket to the purse.  I lined it with a brown paisley fabric that is on the back of this postcard.  You can see a bit of the paisley at the top of the folds and it is just the right touch.

I spent about 2 hours making it last night.  It was really easy to make.  The hardest part was the corners at the bottom of the sides.  I reinforced them by sewing back and forth on the stitches a few times. 

I will definitely make more of this one!  And since it is so pretty, I must show it again!  Thanks Crafts ‘N Things for my new purse!

Craft N Things Purse